Monday, August 11, 2014

INTERN // JADE

Meet Jade. 

I love having this beautiful lady around, she always brings her best, and without a doubt adds a little sunshine to everywhere she goes. Jade is an intern here at Janae Rose Photography. She helps Hugo and I on wedding days, and we have been so blessed by her servant heart and willingness to jump in and help where ever needed. I'm going to let Jade take it from here now, she's going to tell us a little more about herself and her experience as an intern with us. 

/ / / / 

Photography. Missions. God. These are my passions. I am a junior at Ephrata High School and my number one priority is my relationship with God. He has carried me and will continue to carry me through it all. As I continue on in life I hope to expand to my own photography business focusing on all types of portraits. I love to be able to connect with people and my goal to tell a story through my images. Everyone, everything has a story and I believe as photographers we have the opportunity to share it with the rest of the world.  While I want to have my own business, God is not calling me to stay put. He is calling me into missions, nationally and internationally. After I graduate I am planing on going into a Discipleship Training School with Youth With A Mission. However, I know through my travels God will give me opportunities to still use my passion for photography. 


This opportunity to intern with Janae Rose Photography has been life changing. The thought of photographing weddings scared the heck out of me before this. Even just in that aspect I have gained a lot more knowledge and confidence. Working with Janae and Hugo has showed a new way of shooting anything. Also my times in the office with Janae has been just as important. I used Photoshop before editing my own images, but there was still tons I didn’t understand and some I didn’t even know existed. She was able to show me a lot more than I would’ve been able to discover on my own. She’s had me culling and editing images in new ways that I have been able to with me as I do it with my own pictures. I’ve been able to shadow Janae and Hugo on a few weddings already. Seeing the ins and outs of photographing while not being responsible to actually do it was extremely helpful. I’ve learned about angles and posing, how very important it is to not over shoot [having to go through TONS of images all practically also taught me that]. I definitely believe that working with the Janae Rose team has helped me grow as a photographer. I have gained confidence in my shots I didn’t even realize I was missing, I have found new ways to look at the situation instead of always doing it the same, and I learned that it is okay to try something a little crazy sometimes. I would not have traded this internship for anything. These are tips and skills I will carry with me the rest of my photographing life. 

/ / / /








No comments:

Post a Comment